Location | 8:00AM to 6:00PM
Condition & Value
A must have for anyone purchasing a boat. A condition and value survey is an intense look at the entire vessel using strict ABYC, NFPA and CFR guidelines.Learn More
Insurance & Finance
This inspection is an abbreviated version of the full condition and value survey. It is used to determine if the vessel is an acceptable risk for the financial or insurance institution. The primary focus is on structural integrity and safety for it’s intended use.Learn More
This inspection is a general assessment performed to gather enough information to justify or determine the fair market value of the vessel. This is often needed for financing or estate settlements.
Taylored to the client’s needs, these inspections can include pre-voyage assessments, pre-warranty expiration inspections, vessel maintenance and condition inspections, and more!Learn More
MEET THE OWNER, CHRIS
I was born and raised in Trenton, Michigan, on the Detroit River, where it flows into Lake Erie. This is where the significance of the water and boating was discovered. At the age of 18, I left the freshwater to begin a six year adventure serving as a nuclear submarine mechanic in the United States Navy. After my time in the Silent Service, I returned to the Great Lakes and transitioned into a productive 20 year career in manufacturing; thriving in troubleshooting, maintenance, continuous improvement and operations management.
It took me many years to realize that there was a better place for me. That place was on the water; right where I have been boating for most of my life! I took my vast technical knowledge, decades of practical boating experience, and coupled it with a formal surveying education. I ventured out in the pursuit of happiness… Yacht and Small Vessel Surveying!
I am incredibly grateful for my realization, and for the opportunity to share my passion and knowledge with like-minded people. I am thankful for the support of my wife of 25 years, my family, my friends and my clients. I am Chris Bonham and I welcome you to Bravo Marine… 35 years in the making! I am thrilled to support you in YOUR pursuit of happiness… on the water!
– U.S. Navy Veteran, six years service as a Nuclear Power Plant Operator/ Machinist Mate on ballistic missile submarines
– Naval Nuclear Power Training graduate, with honors
– Formal education in mechanical systems, hydraulics, pumps, heat transfer, fluids, HVAC, propulsion and conventional steam plants, distillation, water systems, lubrication, fastening, basic electrical/ electricity, and maintenance systems
– 20+ years experience in manufacturing (Big 3) with technical focus, manufacturing engineering, maintenance planning and execution, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, continuous improvement, system optimization, and operations management
– Chapman School of Seamanship, Yacht and Small Vessel Surveying graduate, with honors
– Member – Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (SAMS® SA), ABYC, VFW